Tuesday, August 17, 2010
So I will just wing it as I go.....
* I think you once heard us marveling over you out loud, saying how time flies and how you're growing so fast, and all that... now, at random times (maybe when we have that emotional glassy-eyed expression?) you'll stop and stand up and say 'I'm growing up!!' OY! It makes me want to cry just thinking about it!
* You absolutely LOVE to be chased around the house. And more than that, you go ape over us making various animal noises while we chase you. You call out what you'd like to be chased with - "be a chicken!... be a gorilla!".. I can say that my monkey (not a gorilla, there is a distinct difference!) is pretty good - but nothing beats Daddy's chicken - and you know this!
* Related to being chased - you will prompt me to do so in the cutest way imaginable. Sometimes (to get things going) I'll sniff at the air and say 'mmm... I smell delicious toddler belly (or other body part)!!..right before I tear after you... so now, if I am not doing something (a rare pleasant time of any day), you'll give me a cheeky smile and say 'I smell DELIIIICIOUS toddler booty!' and then run off shrieking. And then how can I not just drop everything? You completely know your cuteness is the most effective tool of manipulation.
* You are SO VERY vocal with your little toddler impatience. When we are about to leave the house, and like usual, I have to run back to the kitchen/wherever to retrieve 'one last thing' - you impatiently stand by the door with your hand on the doorknob, saying 'cooome on Mommy....let's gooooo!' The annoyance in your voice is not subtle at all.
* As of last night after dinner, you now ride a tricycle! It took a good while to get you to actually put forth some leg muscles to propel yourself - but you finally caught on, and now you loooove to go as fast as you can. Now we just need to get you a helmet, because if there's one thing your father can't stand it kids/adults not wearing proper safety gear!
* And as we near the start of preschool in 3 weeks (hold me!), you are sort of mentally preparing yourself by constantly (usually during mealtimes) requesting me to talk about preschool. So I do. I go through it step by step, from start to finish - what to expect. I think you are getting pretty excited, but I know you will probably be timid about it. This is just your way though, you approach things with an air of caution. You acclimate slowly, and when you finally get comfortable, watch out! Your confidence is impressive, but it does take you more time to get to that point. But, of course, I wouldn't have you ANY other way!